Thanks for joining me for the inaugural Good News writing prompt. See below for the rules
- Prompts will post 6 am EST on Tuesday
- Your story should have some connection with the prompt
- There is a 300-word maximum and feel free to use any genre you like
- NO erotica or sexual themes or stories with excessive violence. Any story violating this will be removed
- Don’t forget to link up. No blog? Don’t worry, just post your story in the comments section
- Take a moment to visit and comment on a few other stories
- And last, but not least. Have FUN!
This question is one that seems be asked in times of turmoil.
Why does God allow bad things to happen?
Share your answers in the ‘Let’s Talk’ section
If you’d like to ask a question feel free to by using the or use the #MondayFAQues on Twitter.
Let me go into a little more detail as to the great new things taking place here at Decision. Christ. starting Monday, February 1st.
Monday is Monday FAQues. I’ll post a question and we’ll answer it and have a good honest discussion. Of course you are more than welcome to ask questions, too. You may submit you them at hinessight2020 at gmail dot com or via Twitter and use #MondayFAQues
On Tuesdays there will be a creative writing prompt based off a Bible scripture. You can find out more here. I saw this sometime ago and thought it was a good idea. The story should be no more than 300-words and may be written in any genre you like.
There will be a biweekly series on Wednesdays beginning February 3rd. The first in the series is ‘Living For and Like Christ’.
The first Thursday of the month there will be a post on My Journey and My Struggle with my Christian faith. I would very much like to open this segment up to you. If you’d like to share your Journey and Struggle with your faith you may email me at hinessight2020 at gmail dot com.
And, last but certainly not least on the third Thursday of the month there will be a post entitled [On . . .] This could on anything from hypocrisy to homosexuality to obedience to suffering. The list goes on.
I look forward to seeing you and having some wonderfully engaging discussions.
Who said you can’t have fun reading the Bible. Every Tuesday a new Bible scripture writing prompt will post.
Authors from around the world will gather to share their 300-word max story inspired by the scripture prompt and offer constructive criticism and encouragement to each other.
Watch for the new prompt every Tuesday. Hope to see you there.
- The scripture prompt will post Tuesday morning and close Sunday at 11:59 pm EST.
- Write a story (300 word max) based on the weekly scripture
- No erotica/sexual themes/ excessive violence
- You can write fiction, creative non-fiction, non-fiction, poetry, or whatever
Continuing with Blogging 201. Today’s assignment was to check out your stats page and find out what topics and days of the week got the most traffic. And once you find that out create an editorial calendar to:
Give ‘Em What They Want
This task was a bit hard because I haven’t been blogging regularly and my blog is a mere 2 months and 5 days old.
Well, I checked out my stats and here’s how everything panned out.
- My best day was November 10th with 32 views and
- The most popular post is: My Struggle with Prayer.
- I have had a total of 180 views since I started the blog in October
- And 14 followers
Not to shabby, huh?
I don’t have an honest sense of what posts you’re interested in yet. So I thought, ‘Why not give ’em what they want.’ In the “Let’s Have a Conversation” section tell me what topic(s) you’d like to see me write on.
Your suggestions will help create the editorial calendar for the next 30 days. And of course I’ll give you credit for your suggestion and a pingback to your blog.